We are Open! Softly and Safely
We are pleased to announce that we will begin seeing some patients in office for Naturopathic Care as of June 1, 2020 and for Massage Therapy appointments as of June 9, 2020.
While we are extremely excited to see you all in person again, we do have some new policies and procedures in place to keep you, our staff, and our families safe and healthy.
Here are the details!
- Booking your appointments – As always you can book your appointment online or call the clinic to book. Click here to book online.
- Telemedicine when possible – We will continue to offer naturopathic telemedicine appointments. For now, please choose telemedicine when possible. This precaution is a recommendation by our naturopathic regulator and allows us to continue physical distancing as often as possible. If you are unsure whether your appointment can be conducted over telemedicine, please call the clinic and your naturopathic doctor will call you to help you decide.
- Spacing appointments - We will allow extra time in between appointments so that the treatment rooms can be cleaned and disinfected after each patient.
- COVID-19 Screening of patients – Janeapp will send you a clinical survey the day before your appointment to screen for COVID-19 symptoms. Please be sure to fill that out. If you do not receive it or forget to fill it out, our reception staff will call you the morning of your appointment. Upon arrival to the clinic, you will again be asked about COVID-19 symptoms, exposure, and travel history.
- COVID-19 Screening of practitioners and staff – Staff and practitioners will perform a self assessment daily to monitor for COVID-19 exposure and symptoms.
- Arrive on time – Please wait in your vehicle or outside until it is time for your appointment. There is limited seating in the waiting area that allows for physical distancing so please do not arrive early.
- Hand hygiene – Please use the hand sanitizer as soon as you arrive. We also have sinks in each room if hand washing is preferred. Hand washing or sanitizing will be done upon arrival and before leaving the treatment room and clinic.
- Come alone to your appointment unless you are a minor or require assistance. Please inform staff in advance of your appointment if this is unavoidable.
- Enhanced Cleaning – Treatment rooms will be cleaned and disinfected in between each patient. Common areas will be cleaned on high touch surfaces 2x per day.
- Masks – Please wear a mask to your appointment. If you do not have one, we will have a single use mask here for you to use. Our staff will also be using masks and/or face shields when physical distancing is not possible and physical barriers like plexiglass are not present.
- Less clutter in the waiting area - No more magazines, toys etc. in the waiting room. We have also removed all the chairs except one to allow for more space for physical distancing.
- Curbside pick up of supplements will continue for now – This system has been working so well, we will continue it for the time being. Pick up hours are extended to align with clinic hours: Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm (closed from 1-2pm daily) and Saturdays 9am to 1pm. Please call the clinic at (250) 545-0103 to place your order or send the order details via email to [email protected] (please include the best phone number to reach you).
- Keep us informed – If you have any questions or concerns about our COVID-19 policies and procedures please do not hesitate to let us know. We are all adapting to this new “normal” and want your input if you feel we can be doing better.
The above guidelines have been established using guidance from the Ministry of Health, BC Centre for Disease Control, the College of Naturopathic Physicians of BC, the College of Massage Therapist of BC and WorkSafe BC.