Are you looking for ways to support your immune system during cold and flu season? At our clinic, we offer a Cold and Flu Prevention Program that includes an immune supportive injection as well as nutritional, homeopathic and herbal support to help keep you healthy. This natural treatment plan is safe and effective. It is a combination of herbal, nutritional and homeopathic medicines that support the immune system in its fight against cold and flu viruses. This minimizes side effects while still enhancing your immune response. The in-office treatment is administered by injection in adults or orally for children and each person will receive an individualized take home immune health plan. This program may also be use once you are already sick as part of a treatment program.
With so many safe and effective natural medicines available to prevent and treat viral infections, it makes good sense to use the natural approach to prevention. This is especially true for children and the elderly who may be more susceptible to getting sick.
Additional suggestions to prevent colds and flu:
- Multivitamin/mineral formula that is of high quality and taken daily.
- Vitamin C*
- Vitamin D*
- Garlic – Taken in some form daily. Garlic tablets may be used. *
- Drink fresh ginger tea regularly in fall and winter.
- Immune modulating herbs – there are many herbs that can help to support your body in its fight during viral and bacterial infections. Come and see one of our Naturopathic Physicians (Dr. Shortt or Dr. Ingram) to see which herb(s) are best for you and your family. We have immune supporting herbal formulas specifically designed for both adults and children.
- Practice the basics – Hand washing regularly during the day and when you arrive home; avoid exposure to people who are sick; stay home if you have any symptoms; ensure enough rest and avoid stress; avoid sugar and processed foods; exercise regularly and stay hydrated.
*please see your Naturopathic Doctor for dosing recommendations
Click here to book your appointment today and let’s get started.